Chest Release CPD Workshop
Treatment of the chest can be an integral part of working with imbalances of the shoulder girdle. Yet many massage therapists are rightly wary of approaching the chest in females, as breast tissue can present a very real physical barrier to manual work in this area.
Additionally, emotional tension can be held in the chest, and it is important to know what to do if this presents itself.
In the chest workshops we will learn to create an environment that is safe for both client and therapist by using time-tested protocols. By using such protocols alongside the foundation skills learnt in the Breathing & Mindfulness workshops we will learn to manually negotiate the entire anterior ribcage, giving our clients a sense of openness, wholeness and liberation from pain that in many cases they might not have experienced for many years.
What will I learn on the Chest Release CPD Workshop?
- Spot signs of chest tension during the consultation process.
- Understand how breathing is related to chest and shoulder pain – and how to use appropriate treatment interventions.
- Understand the role of fascia in creating (and resolving) chest pain and dysfunction.
- Understand how to combine Mindful breathing techniques with chest release and stretching.
- Learn more advanced tools to teach your clients body awareness, encourage proprioception, and help your clients turn dysfunction into function.
- Leave your clients feeling an openness and freedom that they had forgotten was possible.
- Communicate ALL of these concepts to your clients in ways that are SAFE, simple and engaging, and will create and foster therapeutic alliances, and in turn expand your practice exponentially.
- Be calmer, and more confident and compassionate. Know you are working safely.
Does this workshop involve the clients chest being uncovered / undraped?
In the final part of this workshop we offer an opportunity to practice working uncovered on an external volunteer whom we provide. On our workshops you are NEVER expected to carry out any work you are uncomfortable with – and we aim to provide a safe, warm and supportive environment which encourages the development of practitioners’ confidence – at a comfortable pace.
Who can apply to join the Chest Release CPD Workshop?
Please note this is a CPD workshop for qualified practitioners, and completion of this workshop does not constitute a qualification to practice bodywork. Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance after completion of the full workshop.
When / Where / How Much?
Venue: Islington, London.
How do I book?
Chest image © Tim Barnard