WHY DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When you supply your personal details to Jon Gee they are stored and processed for three reasons:
- We need to collect personal information about your in order to provide our services. This constitutes a ‘Legitimate Interest’. Your requesting treatment or services and our agreement to provide such treatment and services constitutes a contract. You can refuse to provide the information, but we would then not be able to provide our treatment or services.
- We need to be able to contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us and potentially to update you on matters related to our work together.
- If we have your consent, we may occasionally send you newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE STORE?
The information we store, and where we store it falls into four categories:
- Contact and payment details: This is the information you provide when making payments for our services via the third party processors and booking/room rental platforms we use to process details such as your name, contact details, payment status, service purchased, appointment times.We use City Sports Massage Ltd as a booking and room rental service. They in turn use third party processors Mindbody and Paysafe.
Paysafe is used for the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have given consent, your card details are stored with Paysafe for the next transaction you wish to make.
- Email accounts which are hosted by a third party and secured by password.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Only the following people / agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Jon Gee in order that he can provide you with services.
- Our third party processors such as reception staff will have access to your contact details, payment and appointment history because they co-organise Jon Gee’s diary, and at times coordinate appointments and reminders. Reception staff do not have access to your medical history/notes or sensitive personal information.
- Other third party administrative staff, such as our bookkeeper will have access to your contact details, payment and appointment history because they need to run reports and undertake other routine administrative tasks. Administrative staff do not have access to your medical history/notes or sensitive personal information.
- Other independent therapists who work with the City Sports Massage Ltd booking and room rental service will have access to your contact details, payment and appointment history because they need to be able to log in to the shared appointment booking system. Independent therapists who work with City Sports Massage Ltd do not have access to your medical history/notes or sensitive personal information.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 7 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we may retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide the best possible service should you contact us again in the future.
WHO ELSE WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent except in the following circumstances where you are engaged in a psychotherapy contract with Jon Gee. These exceptions are in accordance with the legal requirements of UK Law and the professional requirements of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy:
- Where Jon Gee believes that you or others might be in danger, or,
- where Jon Gee has been ordered to by a court of law; in both these cases Jon Gee will make all reasonable efforts to discuss this with you first.
In addition to these two possible exceptions, Jon Gee receives regular supervision as a professional requirement, and your case may be discussed. The supervisor however, is not privy to identifying details such as your full name.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
You may request information about our records concerning you and request the deletion of these by email to email@example.com
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, for example, the provision of support services of the processing of your payment details. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We use appropriate technical and organisational safeguards to protect your data. However you should be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you follow any links to any websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A Cookie is a small file of letters and numbers sent by an organisation which asks permission from your browser to be placed on your hard drive to allow that website to recognise when you visit. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. You can find information about blocking and deleting cookies on the internet. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website, for example remembering your account log in name.
© Jon Gee 2018. All rights reserved.